Beef & Dairy Custom Feeding
Decades ago, the J. R. Simplot Company launched its cattle feeding business to put the potato by-products generated by our food processing plants to good use. We have fed millions of cattle over the years by utilizing our own food by-products as part of a grain-based professionally balanced ration.
But it’s not only cattle nutrition that Simplot is concerned about. Our feedlot management services also include the following items.
- Financing: Simplot can provide cattle and/or feed financing.
- Marketing: Our access to three major beef packers means we can help you market your fat cattle.
- Veterinary care: On-site vets monitor and care for your cattle.
- Transportation: With our own fleet of cattle trucks, Simplot can haul cattle to the feedlot and the packer.
- Computerized animal records: We efficiently monitor feedings and other data to keep costs low and your results high.
Other advantages of custom cattle feeding with Simplot include:
- Mild climate year-round
- Steam-flaked corn and by-product availability
- Ability to feed pens from 100 to 1,000 head
- Access to our professional nutritionist
Two feedlots for you to select from
The headquarters of Simplot Land & Livestock is located in Grand View, Idaho, but we have two feedlot management facilities. The first facility is in Grand View, Idaho and the second is in Pasco, Washington.